Women’s Aid is the national charity working to end domestic abuse against women and children.
The charity’s aims are to:
- Empower women who have been affected by domestic abuse to live independent lives free from fear and abuse
- Keep the voice of the survivor at the heart of everything we do
- Meet the needs of women and children affected by domestic abuse
- Provide services run by women that are based on listening to survivors and responding to what they define as their needs
- Challenge and highlight the disadvantages which result from domestic abuse
- Support and reflect diversity and promote equality of opportunity
- Promote cohesive inter-agency responses to domestic abuse and develop partnerships to work towards a society in which domestic abuse is no longer tolerated
All of their work is underpinned by a solid evidence base. Throughout the year Women’s Aid conducts research projects, supports research in universities and publishes data on key issues to ensure that we are leading the way in evidence and data on domestic abuse.
To find out more visit: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/
Women’s Aid website for Teenagers on Relationships: https://loverespect.co.uk/