Guidance on Standards for School Food in England (Department for Education): This guidance on the standards for planning and providing food in schools includes information on:
- planning and provision of school food,
- the school food plan,
- the provision of milk
- and the free fruit and vegetables scheme.
School Food Standards: Resources for Schools (Department for Education): These resources to help schools and caterers plan and provide healthy food in schools including practical guidance on how to apply the school food standards and make sure healthy options are always available for pupils. The resources include:
- guidance for schools,
- food standards poster,
- guidance for governors,
- advice on creating a culture of healthy eating.
- guidance on food portion sizes,
- headteacher and school lunch checklists,
- toolkit for small schools
- and toolkit for infant free school meals.