Head of Education
Ryton Organic Gardens
Borough: London wide
Food Growing Schools: London brings together the very best of London’s food growing expertise, information and support, with the ambition to inspire and equip every school in London to grow their own food.
This exciting project is a partnership initiative led by Garden Organic and working together with the RHS, School Food Matters, Capital Growth, Trees for Cities, Food for Life and Mayor of London. We work with both experienced schools and those new to food growing, to provide free resources and advice, develop skills and expertise, and connect schools with community volunteers and businesses to build sustainable networks of support.
Our support is wide ranging with many resources available via our website and we cover the following:
- FGSL Directory offers an extensive list of local, London-wide and national organisations that offer all different sorts of support so you can make links that work for your school.
- Curriculum ideas: lesson plans and ideas on linking food growing throughout the curriculum
- Food growing guides and resources
- Help to find free or low-cost gardening materials and tools
- Competitions to win gardening items, vouchers, or a visit from one of our team
- Termly themes: Grow Your Own Picnic, Grow Your Own Business, and Growing Around the World.
How to get involved:
- Sign up for our e-Newsletter at – www.foodgrowingschools.org
- Complete our Survey at www.foodgrowingschools.org/survey/
- Follow us on Twitter @FoodGrowSchools
Target Group: Schools of all ages and types
Cost implication for the school: None