Youth Mental Health First Aid – One Day Champions Course
- Date: Wednesday 5th February 2020
- Venue: ORT House, 126 Albert Street NW1 7NE
- Times: 9am to 4.45pm
- Audience / For: Mental Health Leads / Safeguarding Leads / Adults involved in supporting the children and young peoples’ mental health
- Facilitated by: Becky Casey (Health Education Partnership)
Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses are for everyone who works with, lives with or supports young people aged 8-18. They will teach you the skills and confidence to spot the signs of mental health issues in a young person, offer first aid and guide them towards the support they need. In doing so, you can speed up a young person’s recovery and stop a mental health issue from getting worse.
Our courses won’t teach you to be a therapist, but we will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening. But more than that, we aim to give you the information and skills to look after your own mental health so that you can set an example for young people. By giving you the tools to have these conversations, we hope to empower you to create a mentally healthy, supportive environment in your family, school, peer group or community.
This one day course qualifies you as a Youth MHFA Champion, giving you:
- An understanding of common mental health issues and how they can affect young people
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health in young people and guide them to a place of support
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
This course is a condensed version of the two day Youth Mental Health First Aid Course
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth MHFA Champion
- A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
NB: This course is valued at £200 per person but we are able to offer the training for free through our Healthy Schools Work in your borough.
To Apply: To book a place, please complete our online booking form for each member of staff via the following link: https://www.research.net/r/YMHFA_1daycourse_Feb20
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Anna Brennan-Craddock (Barnet and Harrow)
Tel: 07703 814831
Becky Casey (LBBD, LBHF, RBKC, and WCC) firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 07734 445826