This report from the Local Government Association showcases the work being done by schools and local authorities across the country to improve the health of children.
Case studies are included on:
- tackling mental and emotional health,
- mental health training for school staff,
- using a school garden to encourage healthy behaviours, using experts to deliver sex education,
- using digital technologies to engage pupils with school nursing,
- getting kids involved in the daily mile craze
- and using the national child measurement programme to tackle obesity.
To download the report click on the link: Working with schools to improve the health of school-aged children