Evidence-based best practice in alcohol and drugs education: empowering young people to make healthy choices in the classroom and beyond.
On 21st June 2018 The Alcohol Education Trust and Mentor are bringing together a group of experts to showcase evidence-based and effective good practice that can be used in education and youth settings across the UK for alcohol and drugs education and prevention.
The conference will allow professionals to hear from leading experts on the latest research on alcohol and drugs prevention, attend a choice of workshops on evidence-based programmes and receive planning and evaluation advice for effective PSHE.
- Location: Liverpool John Moores University
- Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Cost: Free of charge for teachers and PSHE leads: £90
- Andy Burnham – former Health Secretary and Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Parliamentary Under Secretary Victoria Atkins (invited)
Workshop themes will include:
10 top tips for delivering effective alcohol and drugs education
Double CPD session from The Alcohol Education Trust on the Talk about Alcohol programme. This session will cost £90 to cover a full pack of resources which includes:
- AET Teacher Workbook
- AET SEND Workbook
- DVD of ‘Just a Few Drinks’
- Full access to the SEND area of website with lesson plans, PowerPoints etc.
- Laminated resources for use with the SEND workbook
Targetted approaches for vulnerable populations e.g. SEN and LAC
Mentor Quality Mark clinic
For further details and to book, please go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/national-alcohol-drugs-education-conference-2018-tickets-42321982188