A specialist domestic abuse service for deaf people
They provide practical and emotional support to deaf people who are experiencing domestic abuse, and to those who have survived it. The team help people to make choices and to stay safe.
To find out more click on the link: Domestic Abuse and DeafHope
This site provides information about subjects that matter to young people in London. Targeted at 11-16 year olds, it is designed to sit alongside the main Metropolitan Police Service website.
It includes links to:
- Your Justice Your World
- Miss Dorothy.com
- Gang and Group Offenders (A practitioners’ handbook of ideas and interventions)
- PSHE lessons mapped against the National Curriculum
- London Criminal Justice Partnership
- UK Youth Parliament….and more!
“Women’s Aid have created this space to help children and young people to understand domestic abuse, and how to take positive action if it’s happening to you.”
Kidscape is committed to keeping children safe from abuse. Kidscape is the first charity in the UK established specifically to prevent bullying and child sexual abuse. Kidscape believes that protecting children from harm is key. Kidscape works UK-wide to provide individuals and organisations with practical skills and resources necessary to keep children safe from harm. Kidscape staff and trainers equip vulnerable children with practical non-threatening knowledge and skills in how to keep themselves safe and reduce the likelihood of future harm. Kidscape works with children and young people under the age of 16, their parents/carers, and those who work with them.
- A Helpline offering support and advice to parents of bullied children.
- Confidence building sessions for children who are bullied.
- Advice for Parents & Carers, Professionals and Young People themselves.
- A national comprehensive training programme on child safety and behaviour management issues.
- Booklets, literature, posters, training guides and educational videos on bullying, child protection, and parenting.