Do you want to be part of a network that allows you to link with other practitioners in your area, to get your events and news out to as many children, young people and practitioners as possible and be kept up to date with developments related to your work?
You can gain all of this by being part of the Barnet Practitioner Network.
As part of the London Borough of Barnet’s role to engage with the community and partners including schools, social care, voluntary and private sectors is to ensure that there is sharing opportunities and responsibilities in relation to the welfare of children and families in the borough.
One important way in which this can be done is through co-ordinating regular meetings with practitioners, to share developments in the sector and give an opportunity for attendees to network.
In addition, members are added to a database which is also used as a method of communicating events, training and news between practitioners.
What happens at the meetings?
- Networking – coffee and lunch breaks, where refreshments and buffet lunch is provided, allows time to find out how you can link with other services and share experiences with other practitioners
- Guest speakers from local organisations share their expertise and offer helpful advice
- Information update on local and national initiatives and work of other services in Barnet
- Information sharing and debate, as well as quizzes and icebreakers to get people talking Interactive workshops within small groups enable a greater focus on specific issues, Film screenings related to relevant topics
Please save the dates below for future Barnet Practitioners meetings during 2017 -18.
These will all be held at the Penridge Banqueting Banqueting Suite, 470 Bowes Road, N11 1NL from 9.30am-1.30pm
- Tuesday 16 January 2018
- Friday 23 March 2018
As a member you will be contacted nearer each of the dates with the topic and agenda.
Contact: Flo Armstrong, Head of Libraries, Workforce and Community Engagement or Tony Lewis, Voice of the Child Coordinator to add your name to the Practitioners Mailing List or for general enquires.
- Tel: 020 8359 4373
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org